Can’t seem to get your kids to eat healthy?
Try homemade smoothies
Are you having a hard time trying to get your kids to eat healthy? Homemade smoothies are becoming very popular with parents who want their kids to eat healthier foods. Smoothies are one of the best ways to get your 5 servings of fruit a day. It’s also a great way to get kids more involved in the kitchen and to teach them healthier habits. A smoothie is a blended combination of raw fruits and vegetables and can also include milk and other dairy products. Kids like the creamy texture a smoothie gets with its ingredients. They are just a healthy and easy to do drink that can be made at any time of the day. You can serve it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner as it all depends on what you add to it. The following are some examples:
Kid breakfast smoothies
• Peanut butter and jelly smoothie– All you need is a cup of frozen strawberries, 1banana. ¼ cup of peanut butter, I cup of milk, add 2 tablespoons of fresh strawberries. You combine the frozen strawberries, the banana, peanut butter and milk in a blender and blend it on high until smooth. Pour it into a glass and garnish with peanut butter and fresh strawberries.
• Strawberry and banana smoothie– Fill the blender with frozen strawberries, fresh bananas, and milk with a splash of vanilla, ice and a dash of honey. Garnish with some fresh banana slices and fresh strawberries’.
Kids lunch smoothies
• Avocado chocolate peanut butter smoothie– Grab ½ of a medium avocado, 1 banana, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 3 tablespoons of peanut butter, a splash of vanilla, and a dash of honey. Add everything to the blender and blend on high until it gets the creamy texture.
• Peach and carrot smoothie– Blend 2 cups of peach, 1 cup of baby carrots, 1 frozen banana, 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt, I cup of water or coconut water, and one tablespoon of honey. Combine all these ingredients and blend until smooth.
Kids dinner smoothies
• Kale Frosty– All you need is 1 cup of vanilla milk, 1 banana, 2 cups of fresh kale or any green veggie is fine, 2 cups of ice, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until thick and creamy.
• Shamrock Shake smoothie Bowl– Grab a frozen banana, ¼ cup of raw cashews, 1 mint tea bag, 1.2 cups of milk, a few mint leaves, a handful of spinach, ½ of an avocado, and ½ a tablespoon of honey. For this recipe, you will need to heat the milk in the microwave and add the tea bag. You will need to let it sit overnight. Remove they tea bag from the milk and pour al ingredients in a blender. Blend til smooth and add shaved chocolate for garnish.